Looking at the last-minute shoppers scrambling in malls, stores & online, trying to find gifts for their children so that their faces light up on Christmas morning...
What message are we sending?
• Material things will make you happy.
• We want to see them happy.
• This is an easy way to buy happiness.
Are we afraid that :
• When their peers talk about what gifts they received, our children should not feel bad?
What is the outcome?
• Are we unconsciously teaching them to discriminate without even realizing it?
What do you want to teach them?
• Short term thrill/joy or
• Long term habit of giving and sharing.